Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Owls Are Not What They Seem


Sometimes, they're jewelry!
My iPhone doesn't like taking pictures in my house very much, but here's the necklace I made today. It's a commission for a friend. The blurry pendant is a small owl. All the stones are howlite and the small spacers are silver Swarovski findings. The stones & spacers are on black organza and the pendant is hanging from sterling silver chain. It's a sweet simple little necklace.
I had been planning to make an embroidered scarf with coins, but my technique needs some work first.

I've joined a knitting swap over on Ravelry. I'm excited; my partner's name is Sarah and she lives in the UK. The swap I joined is the Happy Blue Year Swap so all of our projects are going to be blue. I picked Kitchen Sink Dyeworks' Snakehandler Mitts as the pattern for the first kit I'm going to send off. I especially love these fingerless gloves because I got to help beta test the pattern. That makes me feel special! I haven't decided on my yarn yet, but I don't have tons of money left to spend on it. (We're supposed to try to keep it under $20-$25, which is a shame because I've got a beautiful skein of a merino/silk blend that would be beautiful. Oh well. I'll think of something.
Now I've got to start another set of KSD's Best Friend Mitts from the Badass Women's Yarnclub. I've got another friend who needs some warm accessories. I've got tomorrow's project ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment