Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Paper Crane Project

So, my dad is sick. He's got terminal cancer. Sucks, but he's been amazing. So, in an effort to start raising money to cover the upcoming expenses I've started The Paper Crane Project. Building off the idea that if you fold a thousand paper cranes you will be granted one wish I'm working toward a thousand cranes to help my dad live the rest of his life with grace and dignity.
Dad, August 2010
People can sponsor cranes if they'd like to and I'm going to track my progress here. I just posted today and already I've gotten a donation from a wonderful friend from high school! So I've got 5 cranes to make this afternoon! If anyone wants their cranes I'm happy to send them, or I'll keep them and do something awesome. Possibly a paper crane chandelier that I can sell in my etsy shop later to help dad more. That would be pretty awesome.
I'll post some pictures of the first 5 cranes in a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment