Tuesday, August 31, 2010


as geeks so often do, this year I am making the pilgrimage to Dragoncon! I've decided on a steampunk costume. Therefore, I needed a bustle! So, I found a handy-dandy tutorial over on threadbanger and got to work.

Here is my bustle in construction

A spool of electrical wire, florists wire, and some ribbon and i'm all set!

Then I made a ruched overskirt to lay over the bustle out of a size 2 prom dress I found at the thrift store
Bustle & skirt

my favorite part is that the dress had a pocket, which is now right on top of my bustle. I can tuck fans, programs, mints, whatever I need, right on top of the bustle!

No comments:

Post a Comment